City Hall is reducing HSR service further beginning on June 28, with 14 bus routes seeing service reduced with many of the cuts focused upon evening and night service.
The HSR reduced service in March in response to the closure of businesses under the Province’s COVID State of Emergency. Since that time, the HSR has operated on an “enhanced” Saturday bus schedule. Some routes have “extra” buses added to respond to capacity demands, and weekday only routes operate on reduced schedules.
Saturday service requires fewer operators, which will enable the HSR to maintain service in the event a number of staff become infected with coronavirus and unable to work for the 14-day self-isolation period asked of anyone who tests positive for the virus.
The HSR lists the following cuts on their website:
- 1 – KING Weekdays – Evening service between 7 and 10 pm is reduced to every 15 minutes.
- 3 – CANNON Weekdays and Saturdays – Late Evening service after 10 pm has been eliminated. Service is reduced in the early morning in the off-peak direction (outbound from downtown). The Saturday mid-day frequency is reduced to every 30 minutes, to match the weekday service level.
- 4 – BAYFRONT Sundays – The late evening service level will be reduced. Service is reduced in the early morning in the off-peak direction (outbound from downtown).
- 5 – DELAWARE Saturdays and Sundays – The frequency on the common portion of the route will be reduced to every 12 minutes from 6 am to 9 pm on Saturdays and from 9 am to 6 pm on Sundays. The frequency on the three tails in each end will be 36 minutes during these times.
- 6 – ABERDEEN Sundays – The last trip from downtown will be 10 pm.
- 7 – LOCKE Weekdays and Saturdays – The service is cancelled after 10 pm.
- 8 – YORK Weekdays and Saturdays – The service is cancelled after 10 pm.
- 9 – ROCK GARDENS Sundays – The service span is reduced by two hours in the afternoon/evening.
- 11 – PARKDALE Saturdays and Sundays – The service in the early morning is reduced to every 60 minutes.
- 16 – ANCASTER Saturdays – The last westbound trip from the Ancaster Meadowlands will be 6:10 pm.
- 18 – WATERDOWN Weekdays and Saturdays – The service span in the evening is reduced by approximately one hour.
- 33 – SANATORIUM Weekdays – The service in the late evening is reduced to every 60 minutes.
- 34 – UPPER PARADISE Weekdays – The service in the late evening is reduced to every 60 minutes.
- 35 – COLLEGE Sundays – The service is reduced in the early morning.
- 42 – MOHAWK East – This route will not operate on weekdays and Sundays. The Saturday schedule will remain the same as existing.
Production Details v. 1.0.0 First published: June 4, 2020 Last edited: June 4, 2020 Author: Joey Coleman Edit Record v. 1.0.0 original version