ThePublicRecord.ca uses the following software and services to power this site:
- CMS: Self-hosted WordPress
- Theme: Modification of Chicago Reporter Theme as a child of Largo Framework, which is an open source project of the Institute for Non-Profit News.
- Hosting: Webfaction using their Shared $10 per month plan. (Joey Coleman's hosting - runs five others sites and about 25 backend applications)
- SSL Certificate: Let's Encrypt
- Coding Editors: [Brackets] & Sublime Text 3. (Joey is increasingly using Brackets)
- Office: The Public Record is headquartered at The Seedworks in Downtown Hamilton
- Internet: The Seedworks purchases dedicated Internet from NetAccess