Some quick updates of the administrative nature.
- The Public Record is now using Google Suite for email, file transfer, and Google Hangout Meet for recording podcasts. I’ve received a free two-year license for the Suite from Google’s News Initiative. This is the first “freebie” which The Public Record is using to power the journalism here.
- The 155 Podcast is going to relaunch in the coming days, I’ll be posting an interview with Hamilton West – Ancaster – Dundas Member of Parliament Filomena Tassi. Tassi was recently promoted to Minister of Seniors, becoming Hamilton’s first federal cabinet in over a decade. Watch for more interviews in the new year.
- I finally have my DSLR camera syncing with my smartphone. I’m very happy this means I’m sharing photos from City Hall in near-real time on my Instagram account.
- Legal, I have a legal matter which is time-consuming, and that I’ve been dealing with in the past few weeks. That’s all I can say about it at this time. Legal matters suck, but not to worry, I’ll win.
- Newsletter – there will be an edition this week. On December 27 or 28, I’ll be issuing a survey for readers – I want to know your priorities for The Public Record in the coming year.