Posted inNews

Multiple Alarm Fire on Lawrence Rd Sends One to Hospital

Hamilton Fire spokesperson Claudio Mostacci says an apartment fire at 710 Lawrence Rd in Hamilton’s Rosedale neighbourhood has sent one person to hospital, and killed one of two cats in the apartment.
Mostacci says the fire was caused by a candle flame which ignited the air while the resident was using household cleaning products.
The exact ignition was not yet known during the 7:10pm media briefing Saturday evening.
Firefighters responded to the fire in a fourth floor apartment at 6:20pm.
The patient was attended to by Firefighters and Paramedics, and taken to hospital.